In my opinion "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" is a very great book, which I would recommend to my classmates and all other people, who are able to read. It's very, very well written and I have to say, that I understood nearly all sentences and enjoyed reading very much. The style, Mark Haddon is writing, is absolutely amazing and the way he see's the things from Christopher's perspective (because the book is written in the first-person perspective) is really well implemented. Also, the autism (Asperger's syndrome) of Christopher is very clear and is obvious to people, which is by the way a good fact about the book.
All in all I'm very glad, that I chose this book and I hope some others will read it, too, because it's really worthwhile.
Year 9 "Gymnasium" reads 18 different books in English for young readers and presents them in this blog. This is one part of their presentation, the other one will be orally held in class. Click on "Tasks" on the left and you'll find out more about the reading tasks! Going off to Australia in year 10. John Marsden's "Tomorrow When the War Began" is going to be our choice for our year 10 literature classes this year. Find out more on the pages below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey when you check "the absolutely true diary of a part-time indian" on amazon and read the first comment something funny is there
ReplyDeleteMaurizio where you are?
ReplyDeletenice fact. but did you like my review?!?! :D:D
ReplyDeleteyeah because you're making clear that you really liked it.
ReplyDeleteokay, thx.
ReplyDeletesad, that your comment seems to be forced by me now...
Nice 1, david!
ReplyDeleteHi guys glad you liked Davids review and it is in fact very good. David can you try to explain waht you ment when you wrote: "[...] and makes itself felt very fast [...]".
ReplyDeleteI didn't get that bit of information.
THX
I meant, it's very fast brought to the point.
ReplyDeletealso nochmal in deutsch: es ist sehr schnell klar und macht sich gut bemerkbar. // ...auf den Punkt gebracht.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you wanted to say: Christophetr makes himself very clear and gets straight to the point, which....
ReplyDeleteI can't explain it in English very well, so in German: Ich wollte damit ausdrücken, dass sich sein Autismus sehr schnell bemerkbar macht, sprich: es ist klar, dass er anders als andere Menschen ist.
ReplyDeleteOh I've already commented.
ReplyDelete