All in all I would say the book is okay.
It was hard for me to get me go on reading because there are not so many things happening in the beginning but later it gets a lot better.
The story is nicely written and (in my opinion) easy to understand.
I really liked the writing style of Linzi Glass (although some parts maybe were a bit too long drawn out) and that the whole book is written from Emily's pespective gives a filial touch to the whole story which I really liked.
I would recommend the book to people who like thoughtful and moving stories and who are maybe intersted in Africa.
Year 9 "Gymnasium" reads 18 different books in English for young readers and presents them in this blog. This is one part of their presentation, the other one will be orally held in class. Click on "Tasks" on the left and you'll find out more about the reading tasks! Going off to Australia in year 10. John Marsden's "Tomorrow When the War Began" is going to be our choice for our year 10 literature classes this year. Find out more on the pages below.
THX, Marie - fine!
ReplyDeleteDon't know if it would be anything for me. but appearently you liked it.
ReplyDelete