Sunday, 9 May 2010

Summary of "How I Live Now"

"How I Live Now" is about the 15-years-old Elizabeth, mostly named Daisy.
She lives in Manhattan and travels to her cousins Edmond, Isaac and Piper
to England on the farm of her aunt Penn one summer. Daisy enjoys her vacation in England and after a
while she falls in love with Edmond. Suddenly, in England a war is going on. Piper and Daisy
have to escape from the farm and they flee to a military camp. After a considerable time they break out of the camp and Daisy and Piper survive a number of weeks in the nature. Totally exhausted they find the way back to the farm and on the farm they see lots of corpses, caused by the war. They don't find Edmond and Isaac. In the hope, that Isaac and Edmond go back to the farm, Piper and Daisy stay there a long time.

One day, the phone is ringing and Daisy goes back to NYC.

In NYC, Daisy misses Edmond very much and 6 years later she gets a letter from Piper. Elizabeth decides to see her cousins and she meets Piper, Isaac and Edmond. For the rest of her life she lives with Edmond and they live happily ever after*.


* Und wenn sie nicht gestorben sind, dann leben sie noch heute. :)

5 comments:

  1. Well done. I miss the intense love bit a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maurizio, why don't you like the singular "s", I had to put it in like 5 or 6 times!! Better watch that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's not a book, I would read, but your summary was great. Enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLS comment my photo. Not you're genre?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what guy was that? (know what I mean?)

    ReplyDelete