Saturday, 8 May 2010

Summary of "The Absolutely True Diary Of A Part-Time Indian"


Arnold Spirit is an indian teenager who lives with his family in the Spokane Reservation in the small village Wellpinit. The dad of Arnold is jobless and often drunk and his mum has lived her whole live on the reservation. Arnold is born with water on the brain (see my post "Water On The Brain"), so his head is damaged and the other kids at Wellpinit School beat him up. After throwing a book at a teacher, he decides to leave the reservation and get a better education at the Reardan High School, a school in the white town Reardan next to the reservation. When he tells his only friend Rowdy about his plans he calls him a traitor and also the other Indians on the reservation start hating him. At Reardan High School he notices he's the only Indian there but finds friends like the nerd of the class Gordy and the popular girl Penelope. Even on the basketball team he gets a star as a freshman, but losses in his family like his grandmother and sister take him back to the gound. In the end he makes up with Rowdy and looks into a brighter future. (Check also my information on the author Sherman Alexie, Time and Place and my Personal Review).

pls gimme some tips for correction

34 comments:

  1. The book seems very interesting and your summary was nice to read.
    Liked the idea of telling us about "Water On the Brain". You explained very good and understandable.
    result: 10/10 Points ;) :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx Dave.Am waiting for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, well you get it. Maybe you can tell the others something about his dad! Besides that it's fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good! Felt like posting twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. try to tell anything more in 200 words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry mate - you did well! I don't know, maybe it's worthwhile knowing that the main character of the book had a couple of problems, like his dad, friend (Rowdy), dead relatives, bullying at school and so on. But in your information on the author you've already written it's kind of autobiographical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok let's have some corrections (gimme 15 min)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatdaya reckon now? An upgrade? (Slangspelling looks tougher)

    ReplyDelete
  9. changed it -'cause I couldn't see it. Please post it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Text is awesome now! Did you see David's kind of online?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doesn't work. Yeah, he commented this, look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll fix the picture wait a sec!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh lala, it disappeared... I can just upload free place, thin air, nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great!!!!!!!! thx a lot! could you make it a little smaller and get it to the left?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do it, I don't know how - give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to upload it again and change the layout but it doesn't work. I have a try with an other pic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would you be so kind and upload it again and choose the layout right side? Nothing happens when I try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yeah it worked with another picture. sorry for holding you up

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't worry. Great work. Think I have to go to bed - big day tomorrow. C U on Monday. Keep up your work it's amazing!
    Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Youre book seems to be very interesting, because stories about teenagers or kids in the school are mostly very interesting at all. When I have to choose which book I would read for the next time, I would pick "The absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian", because I like all books Jonathan read and a book he like is also a book I would like.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey that's how's life supposed to be. THX

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice, I like your your style of writing. Everything is very good to understand and it seems that it's an interesting story. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done! The book seems to be interesting, and you wrote the summery very clear and with good gramma. I'm jealous :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Lea: You meant "I like you and your style of writing".
    THX

    ReplyDelete